Friday, January 11, 2008

One Non-blonde...


Gone are the days of my blonde hair. I have been wanting to do this for a while now...I've been shopping around with hair dressers and each time I ask to go dark. Each time I leave with blonde hair. But THIS time I fell in love with my new stylist. THIS time I didn't leave with blonde hair and "low lights." THIS time the girl was excited as I was and we talked "color" for over 30 minutes. As I sat in the chair (in front of the mirror, as when you go dark, you no longer need to sit under the old ladies' head-heater) staring at my sopping hair change from blonde, to red, to brown...I panicked as the colors changed. Then the wash and long wait for the cut and style...my stylist made me wait until she was complete until the big reveal. She turned me around, and I LOVED IT! It's quite dark, darker than my true light brown/dark blonde color. But I love it.
Mike keeps giving me double takes. I keep stopping when I walk by a mirror to do a double take. But Izzy, that girl doesn't know a thing has changed. First glance at me...and she gave me her huge smile that told me she knew who I was. That was all I needed to realize that nothing had really changed...girl still loves her mommy, brown hair and all.

3 comments :

Sue said...

so cute! Love the hair--cut and color both!

Anonymous said...

Your dark hair looks striking with your blue eyes. I like it a lot!!

anna said...

Just checked in and saw the hair. I like it.
Anna