Sunday, August 3, 2008

Girls' weekend in Chicago...

Erin, Izzy & Mary
Izzy with Jenny
Ange & Iz
This past weekend Izzy & I took a long 3 day weekend trip to Chicago. We spent the night with Erin & Brent on Thursday night and enjoyed a yummy breakfast in the city on Friday. Saturday we headed up to Gurnee to spend the night with my sister. Kim and I were able to hit the outlet mall for some good bargains while Taylor babysat Iz. Saturday morning I left Izzy with my sister and headed into the city for my very first Cubs game with Mary, Jenny & Ange. I forgot my camera (very unlike me) in the diaper bag, so I am waiting on pics from my girlfriends to post soon. We pre-partied at Murphy's across from Wrigley Field, watched the Cubs beat the Pirates, and then spent MANY hours at Casey Moran's. It was a very long and FUN day. Sunday morning my sister drove Izzy back to the city to (briefly) hang with the girls before we headed back on the road for Indy. Izzy is now sleeping (happy to be in her own crib again) and I'm waiting for her to get up so we can head out to the pool.

As most of you know, whenever I leave town without Mike, he tends to do fun house projects. One time it was a putting green in the backyard. Another time it was our infamous Rock-N-Roll bathroom. Once he even built me a dining room table & benches! This time Mike tiled my bathroom (pulled up both laminate flooring and carpeting) and painted our back hallway and 1/2 bathroom (no longer the Rock-N-Roll bathroom it once was) and is starting to tile the floor. It's funny, the putting green is now gone and grass is growing in its place. And now the Rockin' bathroom is gone and a soft celery green now fills the walls instead of the concert tickets & album covers. Seems he may be maturing in his home improvement decisions :)

0 comments :