Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family in town...and Happy Father's Day!

My mom came into town last Sunday and family has slowly rolled in all week long. Mom stayed home with the girls Mon, Tues an Wed and I took Thursday off and had Friday as a Flex day. Thursday we hit up the pool and then my Aunt Gail (mom's sister) & Uncle Thomas came in from Austin, TX. My sister and her kids arrived Thursday night as well. We ate a lot of Mike's cooking, going for walks, enjoying the sun and playing lots of games at night.
Had to post this pic...mom and I went for a walk and Izzy had a meltdown all while Laney Bug stared at her big sis like, "Really, you have these fits too?!?" Classic.
Mom did lots of fun, creative projects with the girls, per usual. Making popsicles, crafts and finger jello were just a few activities.
Laney at the water table
Sisters at the pool
Mom and buggy
Izzy's last gymnastics class until August. We took the summer off so we could do swim class. Izzy was in rare form this night...she brought her "A" game for us and it was so much fun to watch her shine and perform all her tricks.
Balancing
Friday we spent a good portion of the day at the pool and I'm sorry to say I only took ONE pictures. So very unlike me. However, Laney was not in the best of moods so I was a bit frazzled. I ended up taking her home (and leaving with her favorite Uncle Thomas!) while I returned to the pool to enjoy the WATER SLIDES with my sister. So fun.
Saturday morning my sister and my niece joined me on the Monon; Kim walked about 5 miles while Taylor and I ran 9 miles. It was a heater outside, but thankfully we got a VERY early start to avoid the heat and humidity. Izzy had swim class and then we rushed home to greet yet more family. My cousin drove down with her family from Toledo and spent the entire day at our house. We did a mini family reunion like this about 2 years ago...so we knew a fun day was in store for us.
Relaxing in the shade
Bug!
The girls enjoying the pool
Lovies enjoying some adult beverages
Almost all of my mom's family...only missing Tara and her crew
My cousin, Cindy, teaches Zumba and brought along with her some of the coin skirts they dance in. She gave Izzy one of these and it was a big hit. Izzy loves to 1. Dance and 2. Play dress-up. Major hit.
Aunt Gail and Laney
Laney and Cindy
Sunday morning everyone took off, so my mom and Mike and I headed to the pool (yes, that makes 4 days in a row at the pool - YAY!) for one final day in the sun. Again, I didn't take many pics...but the highlight was that Izzy went down a new, enclosed, winding slide all by herself! She's an old pro at the kiddie slide and has now graduated to the bigger kids' slide...so fun!
Sunday night my mom offered to watch the girls while Mike and I enjoyed a date night. We had great adult time while mom had a movie/popcorn night with the girls.
Self portrait at the end of a fun Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to all our dads and especially to Mikey!!!

1 comments :

明文吳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.