Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Little of this, little of that...

Not really much to blog about but wanted to share some pictures. This past weekend we stayed home as Mikey has been sick and quite simply we enjoyed having the down time. No plans. Just relaxing. And lots of snuggling.
The Ryder Cup was on all weekend (and Mike attended a practice with clients last week in Chicago) and Mike was starting to feel better...so he decided to hit some balls. In our front yard. Into the old horse field. As I've mentioned before, our neighborhood used to be a very large (330 acres) horse farm owned by the family of Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson. There were two tracks for training/running the horses and our street is part of the inner track. We are the last house built on our street and it'll be that way for another year or so. In the meantime, Mike is clearly taking advantage of the wide open space. Hitting balls. Little girls running after them. Why wouldn't you?
Can you see a little Buggy peeking through?
Mike and I also got the itch to start hanging more decor. I have been collecting plates over the last year with visions to hang them on a wall...and my idea came to fruition with the help of my handyman Mike.
It took some time planning out where I wanted everything to go (placement, measuring, et al). Then more time to prep the plates with the wall hangers. Once they were all hung I was more than happy with the final product. I wanted it to look very unplanned (even though it took forever to actually plan it) and I think we succeeded in that.
Truth be told, the smallest oval plate popped off within an hour of completion. We were just standing in the kitchen and POP off it went. I'm now in search of a miniature sized plate to replace the fallen soldier. Sigh.
My dad and step-mom were in town for a night last week on their way down to French Lick and they shared just a few of the professional pictures from their anniversary party. Love them...
My 92 year old Grandfather Keel
Colorful group we are
And this picture of Izzy and I? It truly captures my love for her. Both of my girls are big time snugglers and nuzzlers. Let me tell you, I take it all in and can't get enough. I know there will be a day when there won't be this level of intimacy in our daily lives. I tell Izzy every day that she'll never be too big for me to snuggle her even though I know that time will come. So in the meantime? I take all I can get. And bask in every eskimo kiss, neck nuzzle and smooch fest the girls offer. Because this picture is how I want to remember my girls' love...always. Be still, my heart.
My two little dancing queens


And this little girly will be turning FIVE in just a few days. Can you stand it?!?! I cannot. We've had a daily countdown going for a few weeks. And we're ready to rock this weekend in celebration of Miss Izzy Lou!

0 comments :