Sunday, May 5, 2013

Girls, girls, girls...

Just a little of what we've been up to lately...
Izzy is drawing all the time. She's actually getting very good at it, too. Her favorite thing to draw are dresses. The details on them are what gets me: asymmetrical lines, color blocking and sleeve detailing. Maybe she'll be a designer one day?
Laura and I went to the Vera outlet sale again. It's become somewhat of a tradition to go each year...and I have to admit, I kind of love it.
Long walk on a cold day in Forest Park.
Izzy is getting more flexible each week and each week I do a little kartwheel inside when I see her improvement.
Laney started swim lessons a few weeks ago and has already hit milestones like diving underwater for sticks! No fear, this one.

Playing dress-up with boy's toys
This is what my camera roll looks like when Izzy confiscates my phone
Playing dress-up never gets old around these parts. Sassy 1 and Sassy 2.
These two are growing taller in front of my eyes. Laney used to be a full head shorter than Izzy but she's quickly catching up!
Nanny Natalie got the girls their first pair of flip flops and they are ready for summer (just one more week at school and then they are home for summer break!)

One of the few moments where they are touching and not screaming about it. I cherish these tender moments.
The weather has really warmed up here...temps in the 80's means we are outside all night after school/work. Bikes and wagons and buggies OH MY!



Sidewalk chalk is popular around here, too. Izzy drew the buggy and looked up and said, "Mommy, I'm an artist. Artists look at something and draw it." Yes, sister, you sure are an artist.

And finally, this girl. Nanny Natalie. She graduated yesterday from IU and just found out she got accepted into graduate school at IUPUI in the Fall. I'm SO stinking proud of her and all she has accomplished. She's moving back to Indy late this summer and we're excited to have her more of a constant in our lives. Natalie is so sweet and so successful that I hope she remains in the girls' lives as she is the perfect role model. I can only imagine how proud her parents are of her...such a beautiful young lady with a bright future! Congrats Natty!

0 comments :