Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yes, Michigan...

Got my camera back and downloaded some amazing pics from our trip to Michigan a few weeks ago. Love, love, loved our visit with my dad, step mom and grandfather.

Dad's beautiful new house
 With a grand view of the fairway
 Izzy spending some time with her Great Grandfather
 Izzy spent a lot of time on the patio reading her magazines...just lounging
 Celebrated Laney's birthday with an ice cream cake
 A new favorite picture of mine. So special.
 Dad lives on a public course, so when closing time rolled around we grabbed dad's bucket of balls and a few clubs...and played outside for quite some time.
 Seesters
 Ball retrievers
 Trouble. I mean, buddies.
 Helping
 Sam teaching Buggy how to hold a club

 Saying goodbye after a beautiful day catching up with old friends (thanks, Sam)
Sunday morning the girls did a lot of exploring and playing around the house
 And I finally got to ride in dad's Cobra. I have seen it a bunch of times but have never asked. Here dad is showing me how to enter/exit the car so as to not burn your leg on the exhaust pipe.
 Had no idea what I was in for...
 Dad smiled the entire ride...
 Took me on the highway and opened her up. My hands were white knuckling the double strap-over-the-shoulder-harness-seatbelt. Was definitely a new experience for me. Thrilling, to say the least.
 Thanks for your hospitality Dad & Anna
 And thanks for a fun and goofy time, as always
 Now just a few fun pics of the girls....because why not?

We had a wild and crazy Friday night here...a cookie bake-off between Mike (Snickerdoodles from a box) and myself (Aunt Deb's recipe for homemade chocolate chip M&M cookies).
 Beautiful Izzy caved in and got her (annual) haircut. The entire summer we begged her to chop it off and her response every time was, "No. It's my hair and my body and I can do whatever I want." Mmkay. Loud and clear, sister,
 Delaney June
 Right now Izzy is telling everyone she is 5 and three quarters. Even knows how to write the 3/4 fraction. Her signature on all of her papers right now is, "Izzy McCulloch 5 3/4." Love it. She also has had a countdown to her birthday for the last month. Little Miss Priss.
Too cool for school.

0 comments :