Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years 2014

Out with the old and in with the new. Thankful for another year of great memories and looking forward to what 2014 has in store for us. Fresh start. New beginnings.

We celebrated the new year at our house with our close friends. Shipped the kids down the street where they all played together so we could have adult time without having to wipe butts or listen to tattling all night. 

Jason and Sandi
 The Bells arrived in their rendition of super casual a la Goodwill. They are always up for a good time. Topsy turvey, curled bangs, velour jumpsuit and all.
 We devoured heavy apps and then got our dollar bills out for a game of LRC (Left-Right-Center). Haven't played this game in some time and it was fun to roll the dice again. Lindsay won the first pot of $36. The second game turned into a double-down third game, which I won $72. Paid the sitter in single bills. Classy.
 Throwback cans. Had to have them. The winner of the game had to chug one.
 So after I collected my earnings...
 
 Chug, I did. The classy way, by shotgunning of course.
 We had to say goodbye to the Morses early :(
 Game intermission was brought to us by RumChata and Fireball shots.
 Had by all
 Played my new game of Cards Again.st Humanit.y and learned some new vocabulary. Also learned a lot about my friends....not sure if that's good or bad.

Then we rang in the New Year with noisemakers, smooches and pictures
 Lindsay & Ben
 Crazy Town
 This group = Trouble in the neighborhood
 Love these women so much.
 Some of our oldest friends are the dearest
 The Bells, Falciones, Hernandezes, Forrests and McCullochs
 Selfie

The girls rang in the new year with their buddies and continued to celebrate this morning. My headache wasn't a fan of all the noise but they were too cute to silence.
I typically don't have new year's resolutions. All I know is this year I learned a little bit more about myself than I knew the previous 36 years. And I'm continuing to be more and more comfortable in my own skin. That's progress.

This next year I would like to learn to be gentler on myself. I am my own worst enemy and can get inside my head so deeply that it shakes me to the core. Relax and let go. These are my goals.

Counting my blessings today and always: My family. My friends. My health.

Happy New Year!

0 comments :