Friday, February 8, 2008

Guess who is 4 months old?!?!?

Isabelle turned 4 months old yesterday!!! And to celebrate, we went to the pediatrician's this morning for some shots!! We have just changed pediatricians and today's visit was the MOST informative visit with Izzy we have ever had. In fact, we spent over an hour there and learned a lot. She is right on track with growth and milestones...we learned that she will crawl a little later than her friends that sleep on their tummies, as Izzy is a back sleeper.

Changes to Izzy's current lifestyle include: starting rice cereal tomorrow morning, no more swaddling for naps and nighttime, and we are to let her cry at night if she wakes (i.e. no more middle of the night feedings or nuking)! We tried this last one last night...she woke at 4am and we let her cry herself back to sleep. Now that I know the pillow over my head drowns her cries out, I can move forward. Plus, they say it only takes 3-5 days of this behavior until she will learn to just stay asleep. We'll see. I feel bad for my in-laws that are staying overnight tomorrow while Mike and I go to a wine and cheese party. Maybe I should tell them to pack ear plugs!

Izzy's 4 Month Stats:
Weight 14 lb. 11 oz. - 75% percentile
Height 25" - 75% percentile
Head 41.5 cm - 75% percentile

Looks like we have a chunky monkey!!!

1 comments :

Kim said...

It is so hard to let them cry themselves back to sleep, but it is one of the best things I ever did with Lucy. She really is too cute. I wish our pediatrician spent that much time with us-sounds like you have a good one. Kim VG