Saturday, June 7, 2008

8 months old...






It's hard to believe that Izzy is 8 months old today. Seems like yesterday I as 8 months pregnant! Anyway, we've been trying to hit up the pool as much as we can this week...until all the bad weather hit (tornados, flooding, storms, etc.). Izzy is much more acclimated to the water now, especially with Mike swimming with her all over the pool. Mike is bound and determined to dunk her under, saying that babies know what to do - hold their breath. I don't agree. At all. Waiting to take the classes so the instructor can tell us what to do. I'm in no rush to see my baby under water. No thanks. In the meantime, I'm happy watching her grow and be the adorable 8 month old that she is!
**Sunday update...I talked to my mom last night and she walked me through how to "dunk" Izzy under the water. Mom said I was under the water at 3 months old...going through hoola hoops under water. So we tried it. Not the hoola hoop. But the under water pass from Mike to me. Izzy was a trooper...she did just fine. Then she tried out her new floaty (see Ladybug above) and she was in heaven!! She's become quite the regular at the pool :) Sportin' her new suit...

2 comments :

Sue said...

I know! Isn't it crazy? Where does the time go? We were at a graduation party for a girl down the street last night and I told Nick that we would be there before we knew it. Scary!
Not that I am advocating the "dunk her" method, but I think Mike ma be right. D said Pat put Connor under and he held his breath. We haven't tried it with Carter yet...he is still warming up to the water!

Anonymous said...

So Precious! Well have a relay team in no time!

Sandi