Sunday, March 6, 2011

Girls Weekend in Indy...

Every Spring my high school girlfriends travel down from Chicago for a weekend in Indy. We have had this weekend planned for months, so I had been anticipating their arrival for a long time. I waited patiently on Friday evening...and could barely keep my eyes open when they got here at this time:
 Mikey, being the host with the most per usual had lined up some drinks for the girls' arrival:
 We ended up staying up pretty late so when the girls woke up on Saturday morning, we spent a long time lounging in bed reading:
 Jen, Mary & Erin (who didn't make it down this trip) bought Izzy a boatload of Dr. Suess books fo rmy shower years ago and it was fun to listen to the girls read them to Iz. Plus, it was the Doctor's birthday this week so we'd been reading a lot of his books already. Izzy's favorite one of the moment is There's A Rocket In My Pocket. Too cute.
After lots of lounging Saturday morning we went to Izzy's ballet class. Iz was excited to show off her moves...and Jenny challenged me to take pictures through the one way mirrored glass. I apologize for the poor quality of these pics, but I am just so tired of not being able to document her adorableness in class. Oh, I received the information on her recital (in June) and I learned that Izzy's hair needs to be pulled into a bun (if hair isn't long enough to do so, they sell bun kits...true story) and she has to be in full stage makeup which consists of foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush and lipstick. Help me now. It's hard enough getting those tights on her, let alone MAKEUP?! That should be interesting.

 We came back to the house for some playtime...
 ...and craft time:



 Saturday night we went out for Mexican with Mikey and the girls and 2 pitchers of margaritas. So. Much. Fun. Then we headed down to the B-Ripp for some good old blue grass music. Love, love, love the Wellin.gton, as this was the location of our rehearsal dinner almost 7 years ago. Brings back good memories. Oh, and a lot of singing at the top of your lungs and dancing too.

 The night was an absolute blast. Did a LOT of dancing and laughing. I had to take a pic of this:
 Mary came back from the bar with a 6 pack of beer. This just screams class. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

And this is what it looks like after hours of drinking and dancing...melting faces. So glad these girls were able to meet my Indy friends and that my worlds collided. Erin & Ange...we missed you. Jaime...thanks for a crazy ride home, delivering us safe & sound. Girls, until we meet again...muah!

1 comments :

Jessica Jill said...

Kelly, I'm mostly impressed with the beer Mike selected, but also with your 3 apparent wardrobe changes? Good work.