Sunday, February 27, 2011

396th post...oh my!

So this is my 396th post since I started my blog 4 years ago. What's the significance of this number? Nada. But it does mark the day when I have had to actually purchase storage space because I have officially exceeded my 1GB free capacity. I just spent a whopping $5 on another 20GB of storage. Watch out.
 Izzy's hair is long enough to fit two little piggies again. So stinkin' cute.
 And a little Friday night snug time is the best. Who needs to hit the clubs when you have an adorable 3 year old to smooch on?
 Saturday was busy...I ran 8 miles in the frigid cold, raced to ballet with the girls, got a haircut, hit up the library (where, let it be known, Saturdays are filled with kids and their dads...apparently moms get this day off?) and then had a delish dinner out with the fam. I love, love, love days like these; racing around with lots of nothing to do. Then again, I love me a good jammie day! Anyway, Mike and his buddy bought a beer making kit and it came in two large boxes...which made for instant fun in our house. Whenever we get large boxes at our house they turn into a big to-do. I'm going to tell you why - Mike said when he was a kid and moved into a new house they had boxes from their new washer, dryer, fridge et al and used all of them to make himself a huge house in his basement. Complete with a real television. Plugged in. Oh my. So I'm pretty sure whenever we get a large box at our house he tries to replicate that same fun-in-a-box house with our girls. It's purely his gig and I let him have fun with the girls. Hours of free entertainment, I tell you.







After coloring their box-houses, a trip to the grocery and out to lunch...naptime left me time to craft a little baby gift:
We had an impromptu visit from Grandma Laura & Grandpa Bob. We love when they call on the road and say they are passing through and can they stop in for a visit? (They have family in Illinois.) The girls are over-the-moon to get these surprise visitors, too!

Izzy has a small infatuation with taking pictures with point-and-shoot cameras. She can't hold up my new camera, thankfully (but yes, I tried). Molly...I thought you'd appreciate her love for photos!



We had to show Grandma & Grandpa one of our favorite activities inside the house (we have to get creative in the cold months!): scooting back and forth across the kitchen in the buggy cart! This is more hours of free fun and the girls just love it. Plus, there's no box to clean up after this one :)

0 comments :