Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little of this, little of that...

Not too much is new in the McCulloch house these days. Busy with last minute shopping, crafting, wrapping, and baking. My body is so run down from the past 8 weeks (read: ear infection, marathon, wisdom teeth removal, and now the holidays) that I'm sick. Yet again. So that makes for a fun December.

Both girls are getting very excited for Santa's arrival next week. However. Laney has been a touch naughty. Or a lot. Let's just say it was perfect timing when my cousin sent me this to help get Bug back onto Santa's nice list. If you have small children, you must sign up for this. Izzy was on the nice list and Laney was on the naughty list. Judge away. I'm not mean. I could have checked every. Single. Reason for her to be on that list. Unfortunately they only allowed me to select one. Hmph.

On a lighter note, we saw this outside our back yard last weekend:
 Some of our close friends invited us over for breakfast and we decided it would be more fun if we were in our jammers. Turns out we had so much fun that we want to make a tradition of it. If you hadn't already caught on, I'm a freak for traditions.
 All jammed out
 Mike was at a business meeting tonight, so the girls and I did some baking followed up with some dancing by the light of the tree. Slow dancing to Dave Ma.thews' Crash with my girls on my hips was enough to make my cup run over. That is, until the girls actually touched ("She's touching me!") and then it turned into bedtime.
 A few phone pictures...this one I felt like Izzy looked so grown up:
 We did some bouncing at Mo.nkey Joe's to celebrate a classmate's birthday. I flew solo with both girls and promise I will never do that again. Izzy nearly broke her neck coming off of a bouncer. Then she peed in her pants. Thankfully there was a pair of spare undies in the diaper bag (thank you baby Minnie Mouse for coming to the rescue!). Laney kept on asking for Natty (she brought them there several times over the summer) and cried when I told her Natty was at IU. That trip wore me out and I'll be happy if I never go back. For reals.
 The daily dress-up. I could make an entire photo book out of the pictures I have like this.

And a self portrait before we started baking. Izzy insisted on wearing our aprons. I obliged. Only to realize she had worn hers several times before and mine still had creases in it from being folded up in its package. Maybe that just means I don't mind getting messy in the kitchen. Yeah, I don't buy that one either.

0 comments :