Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little of this, little of that...

Believe it or not, Indiana's weather has continued to be in the 70's and 80's. Know what that means??? Time to bust out the jelly shoes! Our girls don't care much for the flip flops that have that "T" strap in between the toes. Can't tell you how many different pair I've tried. They have either all been returned or handed down to friends. So we resort to C.rocs, Jellies, and K.eens all summer long.
 We've been watching a lot of basketball as of late. Our Hoosiers made it to the Sweet Sixteen but the results weren't so sweet.
 We're still spending our Friday nights with the neighbors. Love that Bug will come up to us and ask to go to bed (we stay late) and then has no problem going right to sleep in Sammy's bed. He's got a kick butt sound machine. Puts our mini fans we have in every bedroom (and travel everywhere with) to shame.
 This is how I found the girls when I got back from a long run. Since we converted the play room back into a formal living room all of the girls' toys have been either packed up or put into our built-in cabinets in the basement. The only "toys" we still have out in the open are the girls' dress up bins. And do they ever dress up. So very creative, these two.
 We continue to go to gymnastics every Saturday and Izzy loves it more and more each week. Her confidence and excitement grow with each class. Really hoping this enthusiasm continues, as Izzy is getting to be pretty good (for a 4 year old).
 Last weekend all the Perfect Stranger girls ran in a half marathon near our house. The race didn't start until mid-morning so I opted out. Instead, I got up early and ran with a few friends from work and on my way home ran into the race meet-up site to wish my girls good luck. They rocked the race, per usual. I was just so darn happy to see them before they started. Got some great girl time in in just 10 minutes. Sometimes that's all it takes, right?!
 Last weekend we also had the opportunity to spend the evening with our friends, the Moosbruggers. Meg & Eric cooked up the most delicious (Pale.o) dinner and dessert and it was so much fun to catch up with them whilst watching the littles play. 

 Bed time at our house is my time with the girls. Sometimes it's a rough hour of the day, and others it's like I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Reading stories, singing songs, video taping ourselves and of course documenting our silly faces. I just love these girls. Hope they look back on all these pictures one day and realize that we had loads of fun. Maybe it'll be me that will have to look at these during their teenage years. Who knows. All I do know is that life is good. Really good.
 I've put in some long sessions lately with my coveted foam roller. If you run long distances and do not own one...buy one. Now. You won't be disappointed. This little blue demon rolls out the aches, the pains, the built up lactic acid, the tight muscles and the deep tissues you didn't even know hurt. Both girls often times will roll on it and say, "Owwww!" or "Oh Nellllllly!" Seems as if they've witnessed my pain during my rolling sessions. If they mimic my rolling, think they'll mimic my running one day? A girl can dream.
 The bike riding occurs almost every night around here. Laney Bug is starting to get the hang of peddling...

 Watching the two of them ride down the street never gets old. Ever. Their independence grows daily and it never ceases to amaze me.
 And finally, our house went live today on the market for sale. It's legit. Mike and I have put in countless hours prepping the house for this day. Mike in the yard mowing and mulching and trimming, painting the house, repairing the house, organizing the garage. I could go on. I've been organizing and de-cluttering and cleaning. And having a lot of emotions about letting our house go. But that will be an entirely different post, as there are so many things I want to write down and not forget about this whole process.
We met our contractor for our new house this week, picking out all the final details: flooring, counters, hardware, lighting, et al. That meeting couldn't have come at a better time; just when I was getting pretty emotional about our current house my excitement was reinvigorated with the plans of our new house. Plot plans. Elevation. Drainage. Basement pouring. Lot lines. I'm learning so much. And I can't wait for what the next few months hold for us.

In the meantime? Our ground will be breaking in less than 2 weeks. We'll have a hole. To visit. To envision. To begin new memories.

0 comments :