Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Drinkin' the juice...

Back in February the Finish Line brought in a large shipping container filled with CrossFit supplies. Local gym (or affiliates as CF calls them) coaches were sent to us to help coach, train, and introduce CF to us. Over a hundred employees showed up the first few weeks. And kept coming back. A few months later the Finish Line decided it had caught such energy and excitement that they built a huge gym, full with top-of-the-line equipment and hired full time coaches for us. They offer 6 classes a week and are trying to add more, as the class sizes are getting too big to fit into our already oversized gym.

Many of us have caught the bug. Drinking the juice. Hooked on phonics. Bottom line, we love it. In fact, I haven't run one single mile during the week, foregoing the miles for WODs (workouts of the day). I've noticed a significant change in my body composition and my endurance is still pretty high, as I can still pull off 10-13 miles every Saturday morning to boot!
 Small Tuesday lunch time class
 The girls who used to do mile time trials and speed workouts at lunch...now we WOD!
 My workout buddy, Kristi. I'm 11 years old than her and can keep up with her!
 One of the dirtiest workouts I've ever done. Don't try it at home, kids.
 One of our coaches captures our WODs occasionally on camera.
 Which way to the gun show?
But of course I'm still running with my girls, duh! I'm not sure I'd ever give up my Saturday morning runs with my faves.





There's about to be a LOT more of these pool pics of the Perfect Strangers, as we're heading off to Las Vegas in 2 days!!! 

0 comments :