Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Age of Aquarius...

My 36th birthday was a pretty good one. I had the day off. I spent the first half of the day with my girls and the second half of the day with my friends. Perfection, in my opinion.

Started the morning off with a trip to the dentist. Izzy hasn't been since she got her "golden teeth" back in the Fall. You would never have known that the last time she left the dentist's office that she was in an anesthetic stupor, crying and swollen. Nope. She marched in and was ready to show the entire staff how pretty she's kept her teeth.

We've changed a lot of our daily habits since the 12-cavity-nightmare hit us a few months ago. No more juice. No more fruit snacks or suckers or candy. We added daily mouth-washing and flossing into our routine. And boy, did our extra efforts pay off. No cavities and some pretty amazing feedback, "Her teeth have very minimal plaque build-up!" Well we will take that!
 We learned that Laney also has the same great hygiene as her big sister but has the "start" of a cavity. Ugh. The dentist also told us Lane has the exact same cross bite that Izzy has...even to the same side and almost to the same degree. Now we have to start saving for not one, but TWO sets of expanders and braces. So there's that birthday surprise I was hoping to never get.
 Regardless, we had to celebrate the great no-cavity news with some fun indoor play time at a local warehouse that sells recreational equipment (trampolines, basketball hoops, tree houses and enormous playsets).

I was lucky enough to have birthday lunch with my bestie, Jaim...where she gifted me the most beautiful handmade infinity scarf. And you KNOW I had to wear it that night :)
 Our old neighbors threw a birthday party for me (and let's be serious, Matt's birthday is 2 days before mine...so it was more like a combo party but I felt special nonetheless).
 Matt and I are both Aquarius (Aquari?) so the theme of the evening was obvious...


And our Saturday mornings continue to look like this...gymnastics. This little girl is getting so big I can hardly stand it. After class we came home and made a birthday video for one of our favorite Aquarius men, Mr. Dave. His 60th was on Monday and the girls had an extra special message for him:


0 comments :