Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January went where???


I cannot believe January has come and gone already. Where in the world did the time go? We're doing our typical mid-winter activities...dance parties, obstacle nights, dress up and lots of snuggling in front of the fire. Starting to get cabin fever (or as I like to call it 'ants in our pants')!
 Feel like I have a hundred of these pics...Izzy decked out in accessories and costumes galore. We are definitely that family you see out in public dressed like this.
 Izzy has always rolled up her leggings and just today I rolled them down and explained that they are supposed to be worn long, down to her ankles. She wouldn't have it. Said you couldn't see her ankle bracelets with her pants all the way down. Mmmmkay, you're the boss.
 Very, very rare sight...the girl snuggling with (a very plump) Katie Monster.
 With the temps in the single digits I have been doing my long runs (and let's face it, my only weekly run) indoors on the track. Eight laps = a mile. Notsofun.
 I never, ever want to forget this. Izzy has always slept with her lovies lined up. But as she gets old she accumulates more and more. And adds them to her nighttime lineup. If you lay down to hug or read to her and one of these plush beauties gets moved out of place...watch out! Sister has to reorganize every one of them. Good thing she has such a large bed to fit everyone in!
 Bathing beauties. I'm not going to lie, bath time isn't my favorite time of day. I'm exhausted. They're exhausted. No bueno.
 Over the last 6 weeks I've taken on a lot of new responsibility at work. I'm being stretched outside of my comfort zone. And Mike keeps reminding me that I'll never grow if I stay comfortable or complacent. So I'm welcoming the change...and hoping for great things ahead.
 Girl time with Mags
 I think I ran outside twice in January...and I welcomed the wide open path to log some miles. Very peaceful and I always get a lot of good thinking done when I pound the pavement solo.
 It's been a verrrry good year for IU basketball. The girls are learning the fight song and I couldn't be more proud.
 Another track run...this time with my girl Kristi!
A new obsession of the girls': bubble gum! My girlfriend, Jenny, introduced it to them back in November and ever since it's been the BEST bribery tool in our house. Don't judge. You know you bribe, too. Sugar free gum in a bazillion flavors. But we have rules: 1. No playing with your gum. 2. You must throw your gum out when you are done with it. And 3. And no swallowing your gum. Strict rules. But it works SO well with the girls (they even consider a piece of gum dessert!). Jackpot! 
 Mike bought season tickets to Butler basketball again (talk about another amazing team to watch this season!). We originally chose one game to take the girls to (as it was the only game with a reasonable time...instead of nap time or 8pm). However, since Butler is playing so well and ranked so high...the games are now sold out. Read: we only have two tickets and would have to buy 2 children's tickets to get the girls in. Since that didn't work out as a family, Mikey suggested I turn it into a girls' night. Don't mind if I do!
Amy is an alumni and scored us entrance into the private gym during halftime (which means we get to buy $2 beers at a collegiate game, what what!!!). So fun.

 And just like every winter, we head to the indoor pool on Sundays to burn energy. Mike swims laps while we girls play. The girls love it and it tires them out enough to take long naps. Mission accomplished.
 One fish, two fish...
 Watching daddy swim
 Laney swims with her face in the water now...and as of last Sunday she is now swimming underwater to dive for sticks. Unassisted. Sans floaties. So proud.

Iz and Lane love when their daddy comes into their pool to play. He went down the slides a few times and the next day Izzy drew this:
Daddy going down the big slide while the three girls wait at the bottom for him.

Here's to February and March flying by so we can get back to sunny Florida for Spring Break!

0 comments :