Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's not you, it's me...

A few days ago I made my blog private for some security/privacy reasons. It wasn't about you. Or you. Or you. It was about my family and our choices to have a public blog.

I started this blog when I found out I was pregnant with Izzy. For our parents that live out of town. Since then it has turned into much more than documenting our pregnancy. Rather, it's a place I document our daily lives. So the girls can one day trudge through the monotony that was their youth. Look at pictures. Read funny stories. This blog is about our family and you choose to read it and we love that you do.

In the past few days I've struggled with what to do with this blog. I researched what I could do to make it safer to be out there in cyberspace. So I used my resources at work and met with some of our IT guys (read: html literate) and made some coding changes, robot changes and search engine changes to make us feel more comfortable about having said public blog.

I have had 9 emails/texts in the past 24 hours as to why it was private. And to be quite frank, my reasons are private. But thanks for stopping by to read. To care what's going on in our lives. And I'll continue to blog as normal.

Carry on.


0 comments :