Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Isabelle Marian McCulloch has Arrived!!!

The new McCulloch Family...
The newborn Izzy...
Sister, Dad & myself...
Mom, Izzy & myself headed home...

We are proud to announce the arrival of Isabelle Marian McCulloch!

I labored at home on Friday for 6 hours, then again Saturday for 12 hours, starting at 4pm. By 4:30am, we headed to the hospital to learn that I had only dilated to 2.5cm! The contractions were so strong, they kept me there and gave me pain meds. After 1 hour of pain meds, Dr. Teter decided to break my water since I was due on Monday the 8th and was already there (thank heaven he didn’t send us home!). He broke my water at 7am and that only got me dilated to 3cm. With my water broken, it increased my already painful contractions to not-normal levels. I received my epidural at 9am. They started Pitocin at 10am (as my cervix was not changing). At Noon, I was dilated to 8cm and by 2pm I was pushing!!! After 2 practice pushes, we were ready to deliver! 2 more pushes brought Izzy into the world at 2:26pm!!!

Isabelle has a head full of dark blonde hair and blue eyes…she weighed in at 6lbs. 8 oz. and 20 ½ inches long (with BIG feet like her dad)!!!

All is well with both mom and dad…we made it home yesterday evening and are happy to say we have survived the first 24 hours! The dogs are a little freaked out…Baxter could care less and Katie is the overprotective older sister. Super cute.

We have added a link on the left of ALL the pics from the hospital and from going home. Feel free to check it out. There were just way too many pics to post on here...

Thanks for all the phone calls and the visitors…we are so fortunate to have such great friends!

Proud parents,
Kelly & Mike

9 comments :

Cindy said...

Kelly and Mike,

Izzy is beautiful!!! She looks just like Kim, Kelly, and Taylor. I can't wait to see her. See you Sunday!

Love Cindy

Kim said...

I have been checking your blog regularly to see when you would deliver. CONGRATS on a beautiful baby. I got teary eyed when I read your labor story because it reminded me of how amazing that time was for Don and I. Try to get some rest..Kim Vander Griend

Kim said...

I have been checking your blog regularly to see when you would deliver. CONGRATS on a beautiful baby. I got teary eyed when I read your labor story because it reminded me of how amazing that time was for Don and I. Try to get some rest..Kim Vander Griend

Sarah said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am so HAPPY for you and Mike.
Congrats and Best Wishes. Izzy is beautiful just like her Mom!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you both! Izzy is so cute! Kelly, I love that you had a beer at the hospital. Did you feel buzzed off of one sip?

The Noble Family said...

You have only fun to look forward too. Izzy will bring more joy than anything you ever imagined. Aly cannot wait to meet her.

Ry, Court, Aly and Maddie Puppers.

PS: Maddie says it takes a little time to get used to the baby. She just says to tell you to love your puppers as much as you can:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and all best wishes to the three of you as you begin your life as parents and as a beautiful family. Isabelle will bring you joy beyond belief. Enjoy each day, as each moment is precious.

Our love, Grandpa Marcks and Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations mommy Kelly and daddy Mike. Woohoo! Hope to meet her soon! Have fun!
-Lindsey Ferguson