Sunday, October 14, 2007

We Survived the First Week!!!

Izzy's first bath...she loved it!
She's my lobster...
Our first walk...
Snug time...

Mom, Kim, cousins Cindy & Cheri
This first week at home has been one of JOY! I was very nervous about the rumored sleepless nights and stress-filled days...only to be pleasantly surprised by the smooth transition! I keep waiting for the ball to drop, which tonight could very well be tonight...but so far, so good! Our first two nights I was woken every 1-2 hours for feedings. But the last 3 nights have brought us a lot more sleep...Izzy only waking twice each night for feedings (stretches as long as 5 hours, where we have to wake her to feed her)! And, she sleeps in her crib like a CHAMP!

Her first week we accomplished the following:
-Day 4 we ventured out to Babies R Us...it took us longer to pack the diaper bag and the car than it did to shop for all we needed
-Day 5 we had our first Pediatrician appt...where we learned Izzy is just 1 oz away from her birth weight!! Guess you can say she is feeding VERY well!
-Day 6 we had our first walk around the block...she slept the entire 2.5 miles!
-Day 7 her cousins came for a long visit and again, she slept the visit away
-Had her first bath & loved it (water baby for sure!)
-Lost her umbilical cord

Grand Roo (my mom) and Aunt Kimmy (my sister) have been here and are leaving tomorrow...so we'll see how the week goes with us on our own!

Mike and I are loving the snuggling with Izzy...her presence is just so sweet & joyful!!!

2 comments :

Ryan Madigan said...

Hey Kelly,

Congratulations to you and Mike! I was thinking you were due in October and thought I would check the blog. It sounds like you guys are off to a great start. We need to get together when we are in Indy next. Until then...congrats and Go Hoosiers!

Take care,
Ryan

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you both have this whole parenthood thing under control! I'm glad she is being a good girl for you and you are enjoying her presence. I can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Mary
p.s. You look mah-velous!