Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

We tried peas today for the 1st time. After pureeing them...they turned NEON!!! Tomorrow's diapers should be very interesting!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Izzy's shirt says 'Mommy's Good Luck Charm'

Today is also Katie Monster's 7th Birthday.



Big day in the McCulloch household: We visited our first daycare (!!) and started weaning one of Izzy's daytime nursing sessions. I don't really want to pump three times a day when I return to work...not so fun at a new job. I am giving myself 15 days to wean 3 daytime nursing times...and Izzy took her first bottle (frozen milk for now - slowly adding formula) today like a champ! I was very nervous...but she did great. Now how I handle the missed nursing will be another story. I thought about drinking a beer to help with the oncoming pain/discomfort, but my girlfriend told me the barley helps the milk come in. Guess I won't be doing that! So it's either shots of vodka or ibuprofen :) Wish us luck.



The daycare visit wasn't as bad as I anticipated, either. No tears out of me (so far)! One visit down, three to go. We're hoping to make our decision by Friday. It makes me feel a lot better now that I can see what she will be doing on a daily basis and who will be handling her. Plus, she's almost 6 months old....it's not like she'll be 6 weeks. A very good friend keeps telling me babies are very resilient and will deal much better with the change than the mommies. And my mom keeps telling me - this too shall pass. These next few weeks will be quite transitional for us all (sigh).

0 comments :