Monday, April 7, 2008

6 months old

Big girl sitting up
She loves her feet

Izzy is 1/2 a year old today. We celebrated with a trip to mommy's doctor and then to Izzy's pediatrician. Isabelle weighed in at 16 pounds, which is the 50% percentile...she has tapered off quite a bit with weight. They said it could be because she had a lack of appetite when she was so ill the past two weeks. Or that she is no longer exclusively breastfed (we are down to just two feedings a day from me)...as breastfed babies typically weigh more. She is 26 inches long-another 50% percentile which has also tapered off. She may just be evening out...and going to be quite average. We shall see. However, her head is in the 75% percentile...as it always has been on the larger side. She just has a big brain. Must be all the avocado we feed her :)



It was 70 degrees today...so we went on a 5 mile run. I just couldn't let her out of my sight today...I let Izzy sleep in my arms for all 3 of her naps, as I'm not looking forward to what tomorrow brings. But that's another post in itself. This one is to celebrate little Miss Iz.



In the 6 months that I have shared my life with this sweet little darling - I have never reflected on my own life more. Izzy makes me wonder what I was like at her age...did I love food as much as she does? did I investigate new faces and surroundings as Izzy does? did I have the same laugh and loving demeanor? was I attached to my mom as Izzy is to me? I love learning more about her everyday and getting to know her personality. I'm so in love with her...when I tell my mom these things, I tell her to remind me of these conversations when Izzy is a teenager :)



I have genuinely never been happier in my life as I am as a mother. The daily nurturing and cuddling and sheer joy I share with Izzy fills my heart so much that I can hardly bear to think of what my life would be like without her. I am so thankful that Mike & I continued to keep trying with fertility treatments...for had we given up, my cup would not be as full as it is today.



I don't know what tomorrow will hold for me. Tears, yes. Heartache, yes. But I do know this much is true - I love this little girl more than anything in the world. Mike and I are so very lucky to be her parents!!!

3 comments :

Sue said...

I can identify so much with all that you wrote! It is crazy how wonderful life is as a mom! I just want you to know I am thinking about you today! Call me if you want/need to! :)

The Pelligrini Family said...

Being a Mom changes you. I am so happy you get to experience all of the joy and wonder.

Here is to many happy memories!
Kristina

Hope today was tolerable.

Vander Griend said...

I am totally tearing up after reading that. I completely echo your sentiments. I think you captured the sheer joy of being a mom beautifully! Kim VG