Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Izzy's going to have a SISTER!!!

Her profile
The "money shot"

3D pic...top right corner is her head and face (closed eyes, nose, lips) and her big belly

Another 3D pic...profile of her face and her hands are near her chin


This morning my mom, Mike, Isabelle and I ventured out to the OBGYN for our 20 week ultrasound. We learned that baby Mac #2 is a GIRL and is perfectly healthy and growing EXACTLY on target with my due date. All body parts are present and perfect: 4 chambers of the heart, all lobes of the brain, kidneys...you name it. We also discovered I have an anterior placenta (placenta is closest to the front of my belly, in between the baby and my belly). This means the kicks I feel are going to be less impactful, as there is a large cushion separating the baby and my tummy wall. Very interesting, as I had never heard of this and now I have 2 friends that also have an anterior placenta. Regardless, doctor isn't worried and says this is perfectly normal. Bottom line, we have a healthy, thriving baby and we are so lucky to be going through all of this again! Izzy's going to have a sister!!!

6 comments :

Murphy Family said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is so fun...another beautiful little girl. I am so glad all looks GREAT on the ultrasound! So happy for you guys!

Sue said...

Congratulations! So exciting for your family! I know that Izzy will be a great big sister to a little sister! :)

mandy said...

Congratulations! McCulloch, you are so outnumbered!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gurl! CONGRATS!!!Very Happy for you and your family.
Best Wishes & Take Care

Lisa Wegner

Jamie Owens said...

Congrats Kelly and Mike.

Kim said...

How fun that we are both going to be mothers of two girls!! The 3D shots were awesome! Congrats!!!