Sunday, April 11, 2010

Picnic, Party, Bowling and Nature...

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL in Indy. Perfect Spring weather for a perfectly full weekend at our house. Saturday morning started off with a 10 mile run on the Monon for me. I ran on the new (to me) section, which is north of 146th Street all the way up to 161st Street...so this made my run an adventure; new scenery and new mileage to chart! When I returned home, Mike went out for his long run. While he was gone Delaney snoozed & Izzy and I had a picnic on her new playset.
Izzy has learned she can climb pretty much anything
PB&J picnic
Saturday afternoon we went to the Village to visit Mark, Amber & Etta Schroering. We could only stay an hour...but we had so much fun visiting with them and all their friends.
Delaney
Kel & Amber (Happy Birthday!)
Etta (2 weeks older than Delaney) and Amber
Amber had a babysitter on site for face painting, sidewalk art, and lots more fun activities
Izzy chose a butterfly...it was so cute on her!!!
Saturday night was the first Funster activity of the year, and we planned this event: dinner at the Smokehouse on Shelby and Duckpin Bowling, both in Fountain Square downtown Indy. Dinner was hands down the BEST BBQ I have ever had: pulled BBQ pork, wings, sweet potato fries, cole slaw and FRIED biscuits. I ate so much that I was near sick the entire 2 hours we bowled. But it was worth it. I will definitely be going back. And soon.
Mike reading the rules of the game...there are three very small balls and the pins are also smaller. This was so much fun...we were on the 4th floor overlooking downtown and there was a full bar right behind us. So. Much. Fun.
Me, Mags, Molly and Brandi. We had so much fun...which we always do...but I just love that we keep building all of these fun memories and inside jokes and beautiful relationships throughout the year. Love you guys!
Sunday afternoon we decided to go out to a park (Mike had sprayed grass-killer under Izzy's new playset so as to spread mulch over it soon...so we had to stay off) that is a hidden treasure. It's a nature walk, water over-look, and has a "prehistoric" playground.
More climbing
Sliding down a cement slide. I was weary of this, as it is cement. However, it was a very smooth slide (and fast)...which still blows my mind.
Looking down
I'm telling you, Izzy loves to climb!
Hiking
We hiked to an area that overlooks a river. It's so beautiful and was a perfect day to be outside. And now I need some rest. That's what Monday is for...work! Sometimes I feel like going to work IS my reprieve :)

0 comments :