Saturday, September 11, 2010

Neither here nor there...

A few of my closest friends (JZF & BA) and I have a small obsession with reading blogs. Other peoples' blogs. Perfect strangers' blogs, in fact. It has been going on since early 2007 when I first discovered the blog-o-sphere. Reading random blogs while pregnant does not make a happy wife. Or friend. It made tears stream and phone calls made and blogs shared. Husbands had to intervene. I had to go on a minor hiatus from reading blogs that would tell me about horrible pregnancy stories or birth stories or diseased children stories. Now that I'm no longer pregnant, I find myself still reading these blogs (I have to know how the stories end) and following new ones.

I have recently found one about a girl who wasn't even 2 years old yet and she drowned in a freak accident. Her mother (my age-ish) has been blogging about her days since the accident and she says the one thing she'd do differently is video her daughter more, take note of the every day more and remember all the details. This made me think I need to be doing the same.

I mean, I do blog weekly. But am I really blogging about the mundane, the everyday activities? No, as I'm sure that would bore my readers (all 7 of them). But I suppose I do blog about what we do together as a family. How we spend our coveted weekends together. Together. We take every opportunity to be a family and create our own traditions and special moments. I just don't want to forget one thing. Ever. Without a blog, would I really remember the random weekend we spent together at the pool doing absolutely nothing? Probably not. But here I have it all documented. At my fingertips. To remember how precious this little Bug was at her first birthday party:
To remember what her little face looked like scrunched up taking the first bite of her cake.
And what a clown she looked like after she demolished it.

I don't want to forget any of this. Ever.

(Special thanks to Jill, our great new neighbor, for sharing these pictures with me.)

0 comments :