Sunday, November 21, 2010

Girls Night and Mike the Nurse...

Thursday afternoon I had a minor procedure on my foot (which put me off my feet for the entire weekend, on crutches for almost a week, and not running for several more weeks) and then went to my girlfriend, Allyson's, house for a girls night. Below is a pic of a few of the Finish Line gals. We had SO much fun, per our usual, and love getting together with these girls outside of the shoe business.
Friday I had off (flexin' it out) and spent the entire day reading, catching up on DVR'd shows, icing my foot and snoozing. My foot was fine all Thursday night (at GNO) until the middle of the night when the numbness wore off. Had to start the pain meds. And haven't let those lapse but for a few times on accident. Who knew that 6 stitches would hurt so much? Saturday Mike had his first set of Butler basketball tickets (he and some guys went in on season tix) and since I was laid out, he decided to take Izzy. She was pumped for a daddy/daughter date!!!
Iz couldn't wait to see Butler Blue (the bulldog mascot) and the cheerleaders and eat popcorn with daddy. I got a call an hour after they left and Mike said they hadn't even gotten to their seats...they were in line waiting to get popcorn when Izzy started projectile vomitting (sorry for TMI). And she didn't stop. Both Mike & Iz were covered in it. Gross. As soon they got home Izzy went down for about 3 hours. Izzy had two more bouts of said vomitting and Mike was gracious enough to spare me from the clean-up duties. Poor Mikey...he nursed me AND the girls back to health the entire weekend. What a trooper.


We knew the stomach bug had been going around their school and were hoping it would pass us by. Laney came home from school on Friday with a high fever, which continued into Saturday. So both girls had the bug. Boo.
While Izzy was snoozing Saturday away, Delaney took advantage of the free time she had with all of Izzy's tutus.
She had on all three of her sister's tutus at the same time. Rebel.
And Sunday both the girls are back to feeling better. They so desperately wanted to play with our neighbor Sammy, but I didn't want to pass this bug along to anyone else. Quarantined ourselves. Oh, we did leave the house ONE time today so Izzy could get her hair cut (we no longer go to the dreadful Coo.kie Cutt.ers btw) and a McDonald's treat for the girls.
Izzy's current favorite thing to play these days is tea party / birthday parties. Does anyone see anything in this picture that doesn't belong?
This squirt bottle somehow made its way into the play kitchen several months ago and I just think it's hilarious that they love to play with it. Corey...this picture is for you! What they don't know can't hurt them :)
Here's to a fun holiday week approaching...the girls are pumped to go to BoBo's house!!!

1 comments :

Corey said...

I. Love. It. Made my night. :)