Saturday, November 6, 2010

Swimming, Bouncing & Sammy

So this weekend we had ZERO plans on our calendar. Love. That. I've been trying to let go of my calendar, of my scheduling, of my routine (with the help of my dear friend MC) and weekends like this are helping do just that. It's ok to not have a race to run (even though it was hard to not be a part of the Monument Marathon this weekend when my bestie was - and earned herself a PR!). It's ok not to have a date or an event to go to. Just living in the moment and enjoying my family is top on my priority list. And that we did this weekend.

We went out for a late breakfast (Izzy has been sleeping past 8am all week!) and later in the day we hit up the indoor pool. The last few times I've been there alone so having Mike with me was much welcome! Laney is absolutey fearless in the water (I hear this is true of most non-firstborn kids) and has zero problems jumping in from the side (and underwater). Izzy wears her lifevest fulltime and is a swimming and jumping-from-the-side fool.
Laney's faces are just so animated...she's even started doing Izzy's infamous "excited face" recently!
Swimming to mommy from daddy
Izzy swimming on her own
Buggy swimming
Counting 1-2-3 and then jumping...
...into daddy's arms!
After the pool Mike stayed to workout while the girls and I returned home so they could get in a LATE snoozer (clocks changing tonight so I wanted to keep the girls up as late as possible) and I got some good reading time in (I'm reading two books right now: Little Bee by Chris Cleave and Freedom by Jonathan Frazer). After naps we ventured across the street to our neighbors, Jill, Matt & Sam's house to bounce. Sammy is just a few weeks older than Izzy and they have been riding their bikes together all summer while Jill and I get to know each other. We trick-or-treated with them last weekend and we continue to connect with them whenever we see they are home (Izzy sometimes wants to ride her bike by their house and ring her bell until Sammy comes out to play!). Anyway, Sammy got home from the pool while we were bouncing and after a while of giggles and bouncing, we were invited in for some wine and playtime. Um, OK!!! We wanted to keep the girls up at least an hour past their bedtime to make them sleep in with the upcoming time change tonight. We adults enjoyed several glasses of wine while the girls played with Sammy until it was an hour past Laney's bedtime and we walked home. So. Much. Fun. Can't believe we've lived here for 6+ years and we've just made our first true friends. It's about time, I tell ya.
Izzy...
...getting her sillies out
Laney loves bouncing, too
Sam is so quick that I couldn't get an in-focus shot of him!
Resting
Buggy
Buddies!
Sissies!
What a gentleman, Sam walked Izzy girl home
Jill & Matt have told us that Sam has been in this costume pretty much all of October and now most of November, too!

1 comments :

Meggie Dials said...

Love that you are reading Freedom and Little Bee. I loved them both!