Sunday, July 10, 2011

Date Night, Pool Time & Parties

Last week Mike cashed in his Father's Day gift with a concert to see Davi.d Gray at the Mur.at Theatre. We've been long time fans and his acoustic performance did not disappoint. He's an amazingly romantic and passionate artist and we basked in every one of his songs. Stayed until the bitter end to hear one of our faves, Sail Away (complete with ukulele and all!).
 Murat Theater

Went for my first long run of marathon training (just 17 more weeks until the marathon!) with Meggie and a few of her sorority sisters. Was dreading the long run, as I usually do. But as soon as I stepped onto the M.onon my attitude shifted; I love running and this trail is my sanctuary. Let's do this. Meggie recapped the run eloquently here. Glad the first long run is out of the way and it's re-energized my running spirit to get back into marathon training.
 After a long morning at the pool, we all took 3 hour naps (pure bliss and I loathe the day the girls no longer nap) and then headed over to Katie & Rick's house to celebrate Chris' 2nd birthday.
 Jason & Sandi
 Was an outdoor adventure for the kiddos


 This morning we spent with Jaime, Luke & Jacob at their pool (they joined a different pool and to avoid Feller Family withdrawl, we've planned pool dates at our respective pools all summer). The kiddos had a blast and it was so fun to experience new slides and new surroundings. Izzy has become much more confident in her swimming and is getting brave as the summer days pass.
 Together at last: Iz & Luke

 After another 3 hour nap, we headed out to Izzy's swim lesson, her first of the summer. We walked in and Izzy said, "Daddy, I'm going to swim fast. And beat everyone else in my class." As we'd usually not support this talk, Mike looked at me and said, "I'm not going to ask her to lose that winning spirit!" We just laughed.

Laney Bug had a hard time sitting and watching her big sis swim, so next week she and I will go outside to swim while Iz has her lesson. She's so stinkin' cute!

0 comments :