Monday, November 21, 2011

Doctor, Doctor!

The last week of our lives has been a touch crazy. Started with a bloody nose from me last Sunday evening. Lasted almost 2 hours. After trying everything G.oogle & my favorite Nurse suggested we ended up in the emergency room. At 11pm. Not fun. A little nitric oxide to my nose and we were home by midnight. Great way to start the week.

Then Mike woke Monday with a hunched back (to the left, not forward) and could barely walk without pain. Turns out he should have asked for help moving that mammoth-sized tv in the basement a few weeks ago (what initially tweaked his back). And 3 hours in the yard exacerbated the tweak. Let's just say he saw our coveted chiropractor every day last week. He's no longer walking like an old man, thankfully, and on the mend.

We finished out the week with a little procedure I had been putting off for 10 years; I had all four of my (fully-grown-in-and-plenty-of-room-in-my-mouth) wisdom teeth removed. I was extremely apprehensive, as I've heard horror stories from many friends. But I had zero pain post op. Zero swelling. And lots of milkshakes (eaten from a spoon, not a straw). It's been almost 4 days and my sockets are healing well so far. I'm ready to not eat like a 90 year old again. Mashed potatoes, apple sauce, yogurt, pudding. Gag. Mama wants a burger and fries!!!

As I entered the kitchen Friday night to get fresh ice packs I walked into this scene:
Laney has never been awake when Mike has brewed beer with his buddies. That didn't stop her from jumping in to help filter a very pale ale. She was so proud (think Mike was, too).
Little snug time with daddy before he left for the ND game Saturday morning
I hadn't made any plans for the weekend, as I thought I'd be laid out. Wasn't the case. After spending the entirety of Friday on the couch I was ready to get out and go. And go we did...right to the Chil.dren's Museum. Of course our first stop was the B.arbie exhibit.
Then a little digging for dinosaur fossils
After naps Izzy got out all of her sweets and made a cupcake shop (she loves herself some cupcakes, just ask Nanny Natalie!)
The girls playing a little dress up
Don't let Laney fool you, she is not the one into princesses (she just dresses up because that's what her big sis is doing). Ask her what she wants for xmas and it's "A BABY DOLL!" Of course we have 10 already. So there's that.
And this little princess of course wants all things princess for xmas. As if Disn.ey hasn't already thrown up in our play room.
Here's to a week not at an ER or doctor's office! Gobble gobble!

0 comments :