Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend 2012

Mother's Day weekend was quite the adventure for me this year. Started off with the girls' last day of school on Friday. They're staying home with nanny Natalie for the next 13 weeks and boy, are they excited. Change up their routine, their surroundings and their activities...everyone's happy. Here they are with their self-chosen outfits:

Friday afternoon I left town with a few of my running buddies to head down to Nashville (Indiana). Meggie, Christi & Meghan were running in an Ultra Marathon the next day and I wanted to be there to cheer them on. Nanny Natalie's parents own a beautiful house down there and were generous enough to let us all stay there.
Inside the Calverts had laid out the red carpet with champagne for us girls, so sweet and thoughtful. Their house was incredible.
Saturday morning we woke up very early to get the girls off to their race (50k/31 mile race through a very hilly state park). If you'd like to read the full recap of my adventure, I guest blogged here with a complete play-by-play. We cheerleaders had a fun day tracking down the girls and enjoying the beautiful state park and weather.
Meggie's husband Josh and Meghan's boyfriend Jake
Mile 12 overlooking the park
At the finish with my girls. Never have I been more proud to call them my friends. Ever.
Mike brought the girls down on Saturday afternoon to join me in Nashville. It was our 8 year anniversary and we thought this would be the best way to celebrate: together as a family in a serene setting. This is the view from the backyard:
We spent Saturday evening exploring downtown Nashville and Saturday morning we explored the park.




We stopped at several lookouts and then decided on a trail to attempt with the girls. Think we "hiked" for 30 minutes or so until it lost its luster with Iz & Lane. Was so much fun to celebrate both Mother's Day and our anniversary in such a beautiful place. 

0 comments :