Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!




My very first Mother's Day was so much fun! Mike, Izzy & I spent the weekend at the lake relaxing (pictures to come soon). My very first gift from Izzy: a framed finger painting. I literally cried my eyes out when I unwrapped it. Her daycare does some special things for us - this one took the cake. It is going on my desk and I will look at if for days/weeks/years to come! Mike gave me a gift certificate for an hour-long massage...perfect!


After a long weekend up north, we came home around Izzy's bedtime (6pm) and immediately fed her and put her to bed. She talked for a long time in her crib (usually she goes right to sleep) and we ended up getting her back up. Turns out she was extra hungry (growth spurt?) for another bottle. From 8 to 9 tonight we snuggled with our very cuddly daughter. She did lots of smiling, snuggling & talking; her new words (and only words) are "ma ma" and "ba ba." Izzy has also started waving and shaking her head back and forth (it's cute now, but once she knows what "no" means, it won't be so cute anymore). Lots of laughing and loving. Maybe Izzy knew I wanted more time with her tonight. The sweetest way to end Mother's Day.


Happy Mother's Day to all our moms: Linda, Cathy, Anna & Laura. Also, happy Mother's Day to my sister, Kim. And finally, happy Mother's Day to all my girlfriends. I have learned from all of you and am constantly reminded of how fortunate I am to have you moms out there to draw knowledge from. Here's to motherhood & all the joy it brings us! Love you!!

0 comments :