Sunday, May 17, 2009

First 3 day weekend of the summer...



With the start of the summer, my job allows me to "flex" every other week and get a Friday off. This week was my first 3 day weekend of the summer and it was perfect timing: Mike and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on Friday! To celebrate, Mike, Izzy and I went downtown to the Childrens' Museum for the day. Izzy discovered the water table and sandbox, which she loved. We followed the trip up with some McD's and a very long nap. Then a trip to the pediatrician to learn that Izzy has a double ear infection and a sinus infection. Explains her cough (post nasal drip) and irritable demeanor the last month. Poor girl. Have her on antibiotics now and she already seems to be feeling better. Friday night we sent Izzy to my bestie's house (Jaime) for a girls' night while Mike and I went out to dinner and shopping. Thanks, Jaim, for letting us have an adult night out!

Saturday & Sunday we spent the majority of the days outside playing and walking, taking advantage of the beautiful weather. We met the Morse family out this morning at the park:
Other than that, the only news to report is that we had our 6 month OB appointment last week and baby Mac #2 is still doing very well: healthy and strong. I was excited to learn that my weight is exactly the same now as it was at 6 months with Iz. In the grand scheme of things, that's not important, I know. I'm just having a hard time NOT running these days and to know that I'm right on track makes me happy. We also learned that this next baby will come even quicker than Izzy did. Doctor told me that my (active) labor will be about 1/2 the time it was with Izzy (which was approximately 9 hours) and this baby will come with just about the same, if not less, pushes that Izzy did. Um, Izzy came on the 3rd or 4th push. I'm nervous this baby will just fall out of me :) Guess I'll have to stay close to home near the end!

1 comments :

mandy said...

Well, Mike can always do like Brian did, and, well......catch baby Mac for you if you don't quite make it to the hospital. But lets hope not!!