Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

Hanging out in the backyard while mommy sits in the sun and daddy works in the yard
Climbing...
Izzy FINALLY loves the slide at the park...on her tummy!
Daddy trying to teach her to go down on her bottom, face first (she was not a fan)

The look on her face when she goes down...
This weekend was a very enjoyable one in our house...we spent the weekend mostly outdoors. Saturday Mike spent the ENTIRE day in the yard (planting a garden, planting flowers & trees, laying 6 yards of mulch, etc.) while Izzy and I took a long walk and garage-saled. Izzy and I also helped Mike plant 6 dozen flowers...she helped dig holes. And eat dirt. So cute. It must have worn Izzy out, as she proceeded to take a 4 hour nap (I got a long nap in, too!). Saturday night we went over to the Fellers for dinner and a fun playdate. Thanks for the YUMMY ribs!!!


Sunday morning had a great start...Izzy and Mike let me sleep in. Late. It was delightful. We went to Bub's for breakfast and took a long walk on the Monon Trail. The sun was very warm, so while Mike went back to work in the yard, Izzy and I played on the back deck. We pulled toys and bubbles outside and she was in heaven (so was I, I had the belly out...tanning!). After her nap (and mine) we headed out for another walk to the park. Seems she has warmed up to the place and it was hard to get her away! She learned that going down the slide on her tummy is lots of fun...so she'd climb up the stairs and slide down. Repeat. Times 20.


I think Izzy is starting to realize something is happening to me, as my belly is growing and my belly button is protruding. Iz has taken to giving my belly kisses and strawberries (I grew up calling them zerberts) and then we all laugh until she does it again. She knows where the baby is when we ask....she'll point to my belly. Then hers.


It's been a perfect Mother's Day in the McCulloch house. I hope all our moms and our mom friends had a special day...love you all!

And finally, to my lovie, Isabelle: you have brought me the greatest joy in all my life. I waited so long to meet you and the past 18 months were WELL worth the wait. I love you and I love being your mother. Nothing in this world makes me more proud.

3 comments :

Molly Connor said...

you made me- the non-mother- cry.

Unknown said...

And you made the old mother cry. I still feel that way 24 years after the first Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Sounds like you had a great weekend. You and Kim would be best friends if you lived near each other, because you have kids the same age. I could totally see Lucy and Izzy hanging out at the park together.

Mary