Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun weekend in Indy

Saturday morning Izzy and I walked to Bub's Cafe on the Monon to meet Cheryl and Deanna. We three women used to meet monthly when we were all going through fertility a few years ago. These days, it's very hard to get all of our schedules together, as Cheryl has twins, D has a 19 month old and so do I. Was so much fun to get together and catch up. Miss these girls!
Wading in the pool
Grandma Berger & Iz
Izzy loves the water shutes
But she loves the slide even more! (Check out that face!)
Getting on her feet at the bottom
Lazy river rondezvous
Floating
More lazy floating
This weekend was a FUN and busy one in Indy. Saturday morning Izzy and I took a long walk to meet some of my girlfriends for breakfast. When we returned home, Grandpa Bob (Mike's dad, aka Bob Villa) was out the house helping Mike put up a new back splash in our kitchen. Several years ago we put in a back splash and over the years we have grown to dislike it. Mike tore that down this week and put up bright white subway tile. It looks incredible and brightens up the entire kitchen. They also took out our stainless steel double sink and installed a bright white one-tub sink and new faucet. Honestly, those two changes have made the kitchen look 100% different. We love it. I'll post pics as soon as Mike puts the grout on and it's completed. While the boys were doing this project, Izzy and I headed to the pool.

Sunday we headed to the pool and were quickly surprised by a visit from Grandma & Grandpa Berger!!! Izzy was overjoyed to see them and spent a lot of time playing and showing them her tricks (read: going up and down the slide numerous times!). They all enjoyed the lazy river and then several trips down the big water slides. Izzy and I sat poolside watching (and listening to Grandma scream the entire way down) them enjoy the slides. Was so much fun.

This evening we went down to Broadripple to spend the evening with our dear friends, the Moosbruggers. I am sorry to say I forgot my camera (I know! Not in my character!) and missed a lot of good pics. Oscar played very well with Izzy in his backyard (filled with toys and playground), the adults ate the most delicious meal, and I was able to snuggle all over baby Jude. He. Is. Edible. Wish I had a picture to prove it. Was such a wonderful visit with some great friends.

0 comments :