Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shower weekend...

The mother-of-honor, Katie, and I...minus our pregnant bellies

I had a sign-in mat for all the guests. Pic of Katie and her mom, which will be replaced with a pic of Baby Falce.


Decor...idea taken from Martha Stewart...I hung these cut-out circles from light fixtures and chandeliers throughout the house.

Baby banner with pics of Katie as a child

My gift to Katie...hand-sewn burp cloths and some other essential items

Cake to match the invitation

Decorated water bottles, another idea taken from M.S.
Decorated dining table...but the weather was so nice, we were able to eat outside!

A very tired Izzy, who helped me get ready for the party...she and daddy went to Katie's house during the shower to hang out with Rick. Iz snoozed the entire 3 hours!

Izzy cruising in the backyard

This weekend was a busy one in the McCulloch house! Mike ran the 1/2 marathon (in 1:52) while Izzy and I prepared the house for a baby shower for our friend Katie. The shower was a huge success and lots of fun. Thanks to all my girlfriends who helped to make the shower perfect! Other than that...we just spent a lot of time outside (weather was 70 degrees) on walks and in the hammock (while Mike worked in the yard). I was very envious of all my friends that ran the Mini this year...but I know I'll be there next year. Just seems a lifetime away, as I'm just 23 weeks pregnant and have a long way to go until I can start running again. Regardless, great job to all my girls who ran...you know I'm proud of you!

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Kelly - That shower was decorated so nicely. You really should work for Martha Stewart. I hope all is well with you at 23 weeks. Say hi to Mike and Izzy.
Love,
Large Marge