Friday, July 17, 2009

Who's the big girl?


After a week preparing Izzy for her big transition, we have success! Slowly, we have been moving her books, her stuffed animals and tonight her night light & cozies (read: frogger dogger, her blankie and her baby doll). We read lots of books to get her good and tired and I left her the way I'd normally leave her in her crib: flat on her back with her cozies in each arm with a blanket over her. She gave me big eyes like she was saying, "Mommy, why are you leaving me here?!" I went down for dinner and waiting to hear something on the monitor or overhead. And waited. And waited. Nothing. An hour later I went in to check on her and the picture above is what I saw. Peace. I can't believe what a big girl she has become! Her teachers at school are telling us that Izzy shows her "baby" to everyone at school (her belly). Guess she's getting ready for her little sister's arrival in a short 6 weeks. So stinkin' cute!

1 comments :

Sue said...

Congrats on the transition! Glad she made the move easily! Now it's time for the new baby! :)