Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mom's visit to Indy...

Mom was finally able to make the trip out to Indy to celebrate Christmas and meet Delaney (she had been unable to fly for several months due to major back surgery). She arrived last Sunday (amidst the blizzard!) afternoon and was VERY happily greeted by Izzy. We've been talking on webcam for months; however, Izzy just couldn't wait to get her hands on her Grand Roo! The first 24 hours Izzy just keep looking at mom and saying, "HI ROO!" So stinkin' cute.

Mom was able to spend two full days alone with Izzy & Delaney, as I had to work. My sister and her kids arrived Tuesday afternoon and the chaos of a full house ensued. We had so much fun: Izzy played dress-up for everyone, mom had MANY craft activities planned, swimming, museums, and games galore (cards, dominoes, etc.). Well, all of us minus Mike - who was recovering from minor surgery...but he was a good sport to put up with all of us laughing and playing games all day long.

Dressing up for Grand RooWatching The Wizard of Oz while dressed as Dorothy (mom brought both of these new costumes for her)
Delaney doing what she does best - playing in her saucer!
We introduced rice cereal to Laney...
...and surprisingly she liked it!
Izzy (and her coveted monkey) playing with her new Elmo
Laney at the pool
Swimming
And more swimming...I went down the slides a few times - since I couldn't go down the outdoor slides all summer b/c I was pregnant, I was chomping at the bit to try the indoor slides! They were fast and FUN!
Delaney sleeping on her cousin Taylor at the pool
Playing her new drums
Roo and Laney
Designing iron-on crayon shirts- one of mom's many crafts she brought with her (they also made ornaments!)
Decorating cookies
Me, mom and Kim
The whole gang (minus Mikey)
We went back to the pool...and I just loved this shot - out of focus, yes, but love the sun on the water and Izzy playing in the fountain
Izzy directing, I mean swimming, with Roo
Looking at the dinosaur exhibit at the Children's Museum
Mike, Izzy and mom looking up at the blown glass exhibit
And riding the carousel

All-in-all we had a wonderful visit with mom. We had a lot of fun and built some wonderful memories together.

On a sad note, my Grandmother Keel (Nana) passed away a few hours ago. She was my father's mother and a beloved member of our "Keel Clan." I will treasure my time with her always and hold her dear to my heart. I learned a lot about life, family, and manners/etiquette from Nana. I was happy to have spent some time with her in October (when the entire Keel family was here) and have one final picture of her with Izzy where she and Grandfather look very happy:



We miss you already, Nana.

0 comments :