Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tribute to Nana...

As I've been collecting pictures of Nana for her memorial...I just couldn't help myself from posting them on here. Finding these pictures of Nana has brought back many great memories of her that I will treasure always. Here are a few of my favorite memories of her:
-One summer Nana picked me up from Horse Camp when I was about 10 and the entire drive home she and I sang camp songs together
-Watching her play the Bells at Christmas church service
-Riding my bike to her house in the summers for lunch (she would serve my favorite: PB&J with the crusts cut off!)
-And every single time we talked on the phone she would jokingly ask me what I was making for dinner that night (anyone who knows me well knows that I do not cook - Nana was always trying to change that in me)
Thanks for a lifetime of memories - Love you Nana!
Grandfather & Nana - Pentwater 1964
Nana with 4 of her 5 grandchildren: Kim, Shelly, Erin and me - Flint circa 1982
Nana at my college graduation - Indiana University Bloomington 1999
Grandfather, Nana, Anna and dad at our wedding - 2004
Mom and Nana at our wedding...I absolutely adore this photo - 2004
Cousin Lisa, Nana and Kim at Aunt Jane's 90th Birthday - Indianapolis 2005
Kim, Anna & Nana at Aunt Jane's home - Indianapolis 2006
Nana & Grandfather - Christmas in Grand Rapids 2006
Lisa, Kim, Laura, Carla, Nana, Anna, mom, Taylor, Aunt Celeste, Shelly & Allyson - Baby shower in Michigan 2007
Taylor, Dylan, Kim, Nana, Izzy & Grandfather - Christmas in Michigan 2007
Taylor, Kim, Nana, Grandfather, Dylan & Izzy - Christmas in Michigan 2008
Izzy with her Great Grandfather and Great Nana - Indianapolis 2009

0 comments :