Thursday, October 14, 2010

Now what?

So I kept trying to explain to people last week how excited I was for the marathon, yet nervous at the same time. I related it to planning a wedding: you plan (train) for months in preparation, you get all the details just right, as the day approaches you are super excited yet nervous that something could go wrong. Then the big day hits and it's everything you've dreamed of (and more). The day after is a big let-down; all that training/planning for one day. It's over. You talk about it and go over it in your head countless times reliving that day. But a sense of depression ensues...what next? What do I do with all my time now? I'm hoping this makes sense, as it's the only way I can relate to what I'm going through.

I've looked at pictures. I've told the story. I'm still reliving race day over and over in my head. But my legs are still sore. I have to go down the stairs backwards (thanks for the tip Aunt Gail!). I still have to plop myself into my seat, as my muscles are so sore and I have little control over them. I'm telling everyone I see (both friends and strangers) of my recent accomplishment. I've had a massage (told him, too). But I have yet to lace up my shoes and head out for a run (I do plan to do that on Saturday with Jaime). I'm just feeling like I'm in a rut. A sort of depression.

I recently received a promotion at work and start my new job on Monday. So I'm at a crossroads at work, as well. Kind of checked out of my current position yet haven't started the new one.

I think what has started to turn me around was that Laney Bug is sick with a fever (cold?).

How does a sick 13 month old turn my frown upside down? Well, you see, I had to stay home from work today to be with her and the time spent at home with the girls was rejuvenating and brought me back to me.

We spent the entire day outside (with the exception of a 2+ hour nap that all three of us took!). It was 68 and sunny today and perfect weather for playing outdoors. We drew with sidewalk chalk. We blew lots of bubbles. We (pretend) mowed the lawn. We swung. We slid down the slide. We rode bikes. We jumped on the trampoline (LOVING our new neighbors btw!). We simply had the most perfect day. Made me remember what comes next...what has always been here: my girls, my family, my life. And I'm loving every minute of it.

Here's to many more sick days in our future :)
When the girls returned on Monday night Izzy (& Grandma) made me a sign and a cake

Playing outside
Snuggling on the front porch
Golfing
Bubbles
Laney tried so hard to blow her own bubbles
And here are some random pictures from a day last week we spent outside:

1 comments :

Meggie Dials said...

I have so been there, Kel! I always sign up for something immediately so that I can continue to have that focus and excitement. It's hard to prep and plan for something, have the most rewarding experience, and then have nothing to be excited for. I am glad you have bounced back. And we'll have plenty more racing events in 2011!!!