Sunday, October 24, 2010

Trying to stay out of the house...

This past three day weekend was intended to be low-key but ended up being crazy busy. I spent my Friday off at several doctor appointments, getting an oil change and a new tire. I managed to squeeze lunch in with Molly while I was waiting for my car...which was the highlight of my day. The girls and I came home to see that Mike had all of the carpet and most of the tacks/staples out of the floor. His dad was coming in to help take out our french doors and lay hardwood floors. This being said, the girls and I had to get creative in how we would spend the weekend. I didn't want to have to spend the entire weekend in the house with all the noise and such. Soooo, after a long run with Jaime (in the dark) the girls and I took off for the library. Then a playdate and lunch at Jaime's house. Saturday afternoon we had family pics with Molly (www.mollyconnor.com) and laid low at the house, watching the boys' progress. Sunday we went to the pool for a swim...
...played LOTS of dress up and had several dance parties (my current FAVE is the Laurie Berkner Band)...
...and went to a local berry farm:
This place is not only a pumpkin farm, but grows fresh berries and has the cutest shop! We had fun looking at all the yummy pies, ice creams, and apples.
Until a man came out to announce free hayrides. Yay!
Izzy loved it. And quite frankly, so did I. The tractor pulled us through some beautiful fields and woods.
And I'm happy to say the boys did, indeed, finish their projects. Now there are just finishing touches to be done. The removal of the french doors took FAR longer than they anticipated, which made the floor installation delayed. I'm thinking the floors took a total of 6 hours to install. They look absolutely beautiful; however, I'm not posting pictures of the project until we have furniture back in the room. Want before and after pics in the same post. Let's just say I'm SO thankful to have such handy men in my life. These two have laid ceramic tile, replaced entire sinks, finished our basement, put together a playset and now completely replaced a door and laid wood floors. I'm in awe of their talent and thankful for them in my life.
Here are a few pictures from last weekend at Katie's house for Christopher's baptism. I have very few pics of the girls and I, as I'm the one with the camera in my hands. Below is one of Laney pulling up her dress in front of Christopher...um, she's a touch aggressive like her big sis!
And here's a sneak peak at Molly's pictures:
I mean, really, are these not so darn cute?!?! Can't wait to see the rest!
And for the love, if you're looking for a photographer who is wonderfully calm and amazing with children...look no further. Molly is your gal. www. mollyconnor.com Just sayin'.

0 comments :