Friday, August 5, 2011

Package...

I received a package in the mail today. I saw it was from a company I just ordered a wedding gift from so I didn't open it right away. As I was moving the box I realized it was much heavier than I thought...my curiousity got the best of me so I opened it. And my heart was torn from my chest when I saw this:
 A memorial stone for the Bax and the sweetest message that opened the flood gates once again:
 I know in my heart that Baxter had an amazing 2 years with his adoptive family...and that he was loved more than even I could love him. Their thinking of me while going through their own grief has blown me away. I seriously couldn't have asked for a happier ending to his life.
 Remembering how I dressed him up every year for the Bulldog Beauty contest at B.utler
 And how he let Izzy climb all over him
And his love for swimming. Bet you'll never meet another bulldog that can run several miles then get into water and swim all day. He was one special dog and he brought more joy to me than I ever thought a pet could give. Love you, bub....lots of people loved you, you were one special bully!

1 comments :

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about Baxter. I am sure your heart is warmed knowing that you made the absolute best choice in terms of a family for him when he had to leave y'all. I hope all is well with your sweet family. I love reading your updates. I wish I still lived in Indy. I would enlist you to get my a@s in shape...and get me running! :)