Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Izzy the Explorer...

As the days of summer are rapidly diminishing (I know there are many more 90 degree days in our near future, but it's dark out when I leave the house in the morning...that's the tell tale sign it's coming to a close), we're trying to take advantage of the outdoors as much as possible. Izzy asked if we could go on a "boardwalk" tonight and I had my shoes on faster than you could shake a princess wand. We loaded the girls into the jogger and off we went. Only this time, we ventured off the boardwalk...
 ...and down into Cool Creek! We always walk over it but today I felt adventurous (and so did Mike with the jogger!). Today we went off the beaten path. And boy did we ever strike gold!
 The water wasn't deep but it was quite cool (pun intended). Izzy and I trekked up and down the rocky creek's bed and explored. Izzy splashed, jumped and even fell...and we loved every minute of it.
 The bridge behind Izzy is Main Street and it's just gorgeous down there. Who knew we lived so close to such a beautiful creek? I'm pretty sure we'll be visiting this a lot in the future.
 In case you were wondering, Bug did not care for the cold waters. Instead, daddy Mike carried her along the edge of the creek alongside Izzy and I playing. I realize it's not the best picture, but it tells the story just fine.
 Thinking next time we'll wear our Ke.ens instead of the C.rocs to gain more traction on all those rocks.
We'll be back down there for more. And soon. We have lots more adventures to seek in that creek!

0 comments :