Friday, September 30, 2011

Now that's cookin'...

I have gone back to previous posts in the past to edit misspelling (I spelled this word incorrectly the first time, good old spell check saved me again!) or grammar and will more than likely do it again. However. This time my mistake warrants a full posting. You see, I write my family's blog. And my listening skills are lackluster. So when I'm trying to update about something I heard...it may get mixed up. And boy did it ever get mixed incorrectly.

Last week I posted that Mike ran a 5k in 27 minutes. Then said he was cookin'. Um, pretty sure 9 minute miles is not cooking and you guys thought, "Wow, your husband is slow!" I have to correct myself.

My husband, yes he ran in a 5k...but he finished in 21 minutes (that's just shy of a 7 minute mile). Now that's cookin'!

Sorry, babe. But I'm still proud of you!

(The pic above is from the 2005 Ch.icago Marathon that Mike finished in 3:55. I figure if I'm tooting his horn I better go all out.)

0 comments :