Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day Staycation

We had four long, glorious days off for Labor Day weekend and instead of taking off we stayed home. Staycation. It's the new thing. Well maybe not, but it was exactly what we needed. Nothing monumental to report, just flying by the seat of our pants. We started the weekend with a Friday morning pool trip:
After naps we ran across the street for swinging on Sammy's playset. Sammy loves our set and the girls love his set...so it works out well. Plus, Sammy's trampoline was just resurrected and that equals some serious bouncing!
 When the kids get tuckered out they head inside to watch music videos (Sam prefers Bi.eber and the girls prefer dance tunes such as Kesha). They are enthralled. Whereas Jill says a little piece of her dies inside each time she hears "Baby, Baby, Baby" (of which Sam knows every single word).
 Then of course it's time for more swinging

 We also tested the waters back at gymnastics. Because, you see, three year olds are entitled to change their minds. No more ballet. Good thing I bought those ballet shoes, tapping shoes, leotard/tights, tutu and recital costume. Maybe Laney will want to dance? Doubtful. She'll be the one in soccer, our rough-and-tumble she is.
 In her favor, Izzy is quite good at beam and has a knack for the bars. She must get her upper body strength from me. Ha!
 This was the final weekend the outdoor pool was open for the summer, so we just had to take advantage. Saturday the temps were near 100 degrees and we cooled off by playing with buddies:
 These are a few of Izzy's friends from school and they thought it was so neat that they were all playing in the water together and not in their classroom. I swear, all of Izzy's closest friends are boys! She wants a princess party for her birthday and I'm afraid that might not happen with the only people she wants to invite are boys. Still brainstorming on that one...
 Sunday arrived with much cooler temps, too cold to brave the pool. Off to the Chi.ldren's Mus.eum we went. The girls had been countless times with Nanny Natalie over the summer but Mikey and I hadn't been there in a long time. Of course we spent the majority of our time at the B.arbie exhibit:
 Laney loved the dress-up and the beauty station
 She also got a kick out of me taking a picture of her taking a picture
 Daddy and the girls on the carousel. Can you feel Mike's excitement? He actually hopped on his own horse and joined the girls. Too cute.
 Our staycation also consisted of Katie & Rick joining us for dinner. This is the cheesiest photo, but I had to get a picture of the dessert they brought; frozen sorbet in half shelled fruit (orange, coconut, pineapple & lemon). We opened one of every flavor up and just devoured them. Yum!
 I changed out the girls' wardrobes from summer to winter. This is probably my least favorite household chore. But the one thing that I love about it is I get to see clothes Iz once wore and now Laney gets to wear. LOVE having two girls. This is how Laney helped me with the clothing organization...Laney in her big girl bed, can you find her?
 One of the days during nap time I finished a long overdue craft for Buggy's room:
Remember the butterfly Lori made for Izzy's big girl room (a PBK knock-off)? Well I loved it so much I had to make one for Lane's room. Lori helped me get the shaping of the bird and then I took off with the gluing. I absolutely adore how it turned out. It's 24x24 and is over her dresser.

Hope you had a relaxing holiday weekend, too!

0 comments :