Sunday, September 18, 2011

Twenty two, a Birthday & Funsters in Cincy

Like most of my weekends, this one started with a long run with my girls (dubbed Perfect Strangers, or Pi Sigma on the Mon.on). This weekend was twenty miles...which equates into many hours running side by side. We have many stories, inside jokes and fun memories after spending so much time together and I couldn't imagine a long run without these women. To add a little fun to our runs we have started theming our runs (last week was American flags and this week was Survivor). You can read all about our run (details only fellow runners can appreciate) here.

I initially set out to do twenty miles but I ended up feeling so good that I ran two extra. Not for my body, but for my mind. The marathon is about 75% mind and 25% body, in my opinion. Mile 19 I felt so good that I wanted to open it up and sprint the last mile (I had no takers to join me). Instead, I decided to stick with Bri & Karen for 2 extra miles. As a runner, there are so many factors that go into having a good run: fuel, bowels, aching body parts, blisters, I could go on. Yesterday the science experiment I call running was spot on. I was feeling the ultimate runner's high. If I feel that good at mile 20 come race day I will be one happy mama.
 Dressed in black with camo headbands. We were proud. And excited to start our adventure. We did learn the Mo.non goes all the way up to Hwy 32. That's darn near Michigan. Just sayin'. Where the trail turns into gravel. And twists and turns. Who knew?
 Came home to quickly get ready and head across the street for a 4th birthday party...
 ...for this little guy:
 The pony rides were a big hit
 And so was the face painting
 After blowing out candles and devouring cupcakes, we packed the car and took off for Cincy. For a Funster weekend. With kids. Brandi & Brian were gracious enough to open up their home to all of us and we took over their house from the get-go. Here the kiddos were watching a movie:
 If any of you have spent time with Laney Bug you know she adores her baby dolls. There were two babies (Ava & Neve) and Laney couldn't keep her hands and eyes off of them. She wanted to hold them, feed them, cover them with her lovies...oh it was precious.
 After the kiddos went to sleep we enjoyed a delicious meal, lots of beverages and some seriously deep conversations with good friends. We decided it was the perfect Funster culmination, as we didn't have to hire babysitters or keep a sober driver. It was so much fun and we should definitely make a family overnight an annual Funster event.
Of course with all of us together it just wouldn't be complete without some crazy stories (which are now piling up and more laughable each time we recount them). Looking forward to our next event to keep building fun memories.

0 comments :