Thursday, July 3, 2008

Aqua Babes!!!

Video!!!!

Izzy happy as a clam!
Kicking the ball...
Kicking the water...
Crawling across the lime slice...


Tonight was our first Aqua Babe class at the Riverview Hospital Rehab Center in Carmel. The pool there is 85 degrees...which is VERY warm and the babes just love it. Mike and I were a bit nervous of the time of the class (6-7pm), as it falls right around the time Izzy goes to bed each night. But this little fish was a trooper - she laughed and played and socialized the entire hour!

We learned lots of new songs and many new "tricks" that we can do in the water with Izzy girl. Izzy swam on her belly, floated on her back, floated on a noodle (to help her learn balance), reached underwater for ring toys, "jumped" off the side of the pool & went under, and was dunked underwater more times than I could count! My favorite of the class...she was passed underwater THROUGH a hoola hoop!!! My heart nearly skipped a beat when the teacher said what the next activity was...and Mike immediately looked at me and smiled, as he knew this would cause me some anxiety. But luckily for him, I was on the pool deck and couldn't intervene. Izzy gracefully swam through the hoop several times....and loved every minute of it!!!

I can't wait for next week...and you better believe I'm getting in the water with her next time!!!

0 comments :