Friday, October 17, 2008

1 year pediatrician appt...

This morning was Isabelle's 1st year wellness check-up with her most favorite Nurse Practitioner, Sherry. We have always seen the NP, as we love her the most (she reminds me of my mother) and look forward to showing off our newest skills each visit. Now that I think of it, my favorite nurse while going through fertility treatments was also a Sherry....must be something very nurturing about that name. Anyway, Izzy's current stats are:

Weight: 20 lb. 12 oz. - 50-75%
Height: 29 1/4 inches - 50%
Head: 45 1/2 cm - 75%

Seems her head is still a bit larger than the rest of her body. But just look how stinking cute her head is in the above pic. Nuff said.

Izzy received 4 shots (flu, chicken pox, HepA and MMR)...none of which she liked. In fact, she screamed bloody murder. It was horrible. I loathe the shots. Can't believe I had to give them to myself for so long, way back when.

Sherry told us we should wean Izzy from her Nuk around 18 months (as that is the age when they can start speaking sentences). Mike asked me if he could go on vacation during that time. Good luck with that one, buddy!

This visit, in particular, made me especially nostalgic about how just one year ago I was struggling to get us out of the house to make it to her 1 week appointment with my mom in tow. Makes me miss when she was just a little peanut. Guess she is only 1....and she'll always be my little peanut!!!


0 comments :