Sunday, October 19, 2008

Laura & Casey's Wedding...

Life-sized cut-out of the bride & groom outside of....
the beautiful Grain Exchange room
Yummy cake
The table assignments were based on dates that Laura & Casey went on...our table was from the Jimmy Buffett concert in '06
Each table had an anniversary card for the table's guests to sign...what a clever idea!
Us...sans bambino!!!
Tim & Danielle came in from Dallas

Cousins Tim, Steve and Mike
The gift of UW Madison's pep band...
...was a HUGE hit...

This weekend Mike and I made the trek up to Milwaukee for our (kind of) cousin Laura and Casey's wedding (Mike and Laura share an Uncle). Laura looked stunning, the reception site was beautiful and the dancing was an all-out blast (I even learned a few new dances!). The bridal party surprised the couple with the UW Madison pep band!!! They played for over 10 minutes: the Madison Fight Song, Roll Out the Barrel and the Chicken Dance, among many other favorites. With almost 300 guests...nearly the entire room was on (or near) the dance floor to witness a truly FUN experience. Made me wish I was a Badger!!! This was one of the best weddings I have ever been a part of, hands down. Congratulations Laura & Casey!!!

Thanks to my sister and niece for taking care of Izzy girl while Mike and I were able to get away for a very fun evening.

0 comments :