Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Celebrate everyday miracles...


I called one of my best gals this afternoon to share with her some amazing news...you could call it a miracle. We got to talking about how fortunate we were to have healthy, happy babies. And how much we worried together throughout our pregnancies about the health of our kiddos. Wow...how little did we know that we'd worry a lot more once they arrived into this world! Anyway, it got us to sharing stories about some friends going through some very difficult pregnancies. Which brings me to the reason for this post. She brought up yesterday's Oprah...

In the blogging world...most of us know the blog 99 Balloons, which is about a little baby boy named Eliot who lived 99 days. If you do not know of this blog, see my side bar -> and read it from the very begninning. It will break your heart at the same time you rejoice with this family for celebrating everyday miracles.


Yesterday this family was featured on the Oprah show (which I've recently been boycotting for some major reasons - but one of my besties told me today that I HAD to watch my Tivo of yesterday's Oprah). Oprah did not disappoint. Rather, she played the YouTube video that Eliot's parents created. The video was basically a summation of their blog. So if you don't have the time to read the blog in its entirety, check out yesterday's Oprah or look up the 99 Balloons video on YouTube. It will bring you to tears, as it did Oprah and myself and millions of others. Eliot's mother said she lived every day of his 99 days on earth being happy. She said she wanted to be sad later...and be happy now - celebrate each day (which they did, literally).

How inspiring. And what a huge reminder for us to live each day for today. Not tomorrow or next year. But bask in everyday miracles.

My Izzy Lou is my miracle. What's yours?

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Tear jerkin'....but inspiring!!

Sandi