Sunday, October 5, 2008

Izzy's 1st Birthday Party...

Happy Birthday, girl!
Home-made carmel apples and letter magnets
The delicious cake to match the invites
Izzy was SO excited...
Grandma Berger
Mommy & Izzy girl
Izzy received a Radio Flyer wagon from her Grandma/pa McCulloch

Brooke & Paige...too stinkin' cute
Ellana & Jason
Kip & Karen
Drew, Max & Suzanne


Ben and Mike...should there be beer at the kids' table?
Izzy and Grand Roo
Loving her banana cake
Family pic



Opening gifts (can you see how cute the pic of Iz is in the frame?!)
In her *new* rocker...was given to me by my mom's mom when I was born
One of her new fave toys...the walker/stroller. But no babies allowed inside :)
Grandma Anna and Grandpa Keel

This weekend we celebrated Izzy's first year in this world. Every grandparent was in attendance (she has 7, believe it or not) and all of our closest friends and family (minus a few that were traveling). There were so many other 1 year old kids here, that it almost felt like we had a daycare going on!! It was too fun to see all these bambinos together in one house playing and crawling and walking (one even running!). Such a wide variety of skill levels at the 1 year mark!

Izzy loved her cake...but I think she loved the attention even more. All eyes were on her and she basked in the spotlight. Too stinking cute!

My mother-in-law asked me if I remembered what I was doing a year ago yesterday. Um, yeah. Kind of hard to forget going into labor at home for almost 24 hours!!! If you can remember my blog posts from the middle of the night before I had Izzy...you could get a sense of my uncomfortable disposition. To keep my mind off the pain of the labor I tagged along with Mike to get his haircut and the grocery store (two things you won't catch me EVER volunteering to do). And then that evening when I woke up to roll around on my yoga ball and was walking up and down our cul-de-sac counting all the contractions. So nostalgic. But what a difference a year makes!

Thanks to all who joined us in the celebration of surviving the first year of parenthood!

To see more than 150 pics of this weekend (I know, it's a bit excessive) check out our family picture site at : http://themccullochfamily.shutterfly.com/





3 comments :

Sue said...

Happy Birthday, Izzy! Isn't it crazy how fast a year passes by? Precious cake...and even more precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Isabelle! Did you save me a piece of cake? It looks delicious in the pictures. Have fun with all of your presents.

Love,
Mary

Kim said...

Happy birthday Izzy! It just keeps getting more and more fun if you can believe it. Love her gap birthday dress!