Sunday, March 29, 2009

I miss running...

It's Mini Marathon training season. There are runners EVERYWHERE. My co-workers run at lunch. My husband runs all week. Given I'm pregnant, I walk. But boy, do I miss the training, the camaraderie, the runner's high. More importantly, I miss the long runs on Saturday morning with my bestie, Jaime. She is training for a marathon in California at the end of May. I miss running so much I just had to bundle up and walk (briskly) to watch Jaime finish a 1/2 marathon this weekend near our house. It was COLD but Izzy and I were excited to be there to cheer her on. When I saw Jaime come up the hill to the final stretch, I got choked up and so did she. Watching my best friend finish a great race made me so proud of her. I wanted to be running it with her so badly...so I ran the last few yards with her with Izzy in tow. Congrats, Jaim, and keep up the strong running!

The gal who took this picture asked if I ran the race with Izzy...um, I can barely run to the end of the block!

0 comments :